Thursday, January 7, 2010

How do i get rid of lice without ruining my hair (the shampoo didnt work) AND what about my furniture?

I got lice from the kids i babysit and I want it off me and completely out of my ENTIRE house.





What do i do to my furniture to make sure they are off of my stuff....???





What kind of stuff will get it off my hair?????








WHAT DO I DO!!??!?!?!?!? AGH!How do i get rid of lice without ruining my hair (the shampoo didnt work) AND what about my furniture?
i Had lice once and the only way i got rid of it was shampooing it with the special lice shampoo. the best thing to do about you stuff is to take all your hair accessories, blankets, sheets, rugs, etc. is to put them in a giant garbage bag and put them away somewhere for 2 Whole weeks!


also keep changing your pillow case EVERY night, that way the lice that's already on your pillow case wont crawl back on to your head!


Basically the best way to solve this is Patience! Lice cant live off of your furniture so they will eventually die off, but in the meantime you should put plastic on your furniture. to suffocate the lice, and if people come over they have a less chance of getting it.





Hoped this helped and Good Luck :)








O and for the record the mayo theory doesn't work!! i tried it myself, and all it left me with was a dry itchy scalp in the morning, Plus the nurse i went to see even told me it was just a theory.How do i get rid of lice without ruining my hair (the shampoo didnt work) AND what about my furniture?
You have to use a special shampoo so go ask the pharmacist for the stuff. You have to do it at least twice because the shampoo only kills adults. Then you wait two weeks and do it again and then you have killed them all.





You may need to treat you house in the same manner. Twice, two weeks apart.
Put mayonnaise in your hair. The lice or the eggs won't be able to hold onto it. As for your furniture, I heard that they can't live more than 48 hours without a human body. Take a vacation for a weekend then come back, and steam clean and vacuum everything.
try shampoo again. but you do have to comb hair thouroughly from roots to ends or they wont go away. you might have to have help with that. spray house as well..also the kids need to be treated as well. or chance will be that you will be reinfected. good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment