Thursday, January 7, 2010

How soon can i wash my newborns hair with shampoo?

she is going to be a month old this tueday and ive heard that newborns are not suposed to have their hairs washed until 2 months...well her head really smells...water just doesnt clean it good. has anybody washed their babys hair sooner??? any advise?How soon can i wash my newborns hair with shampoo?
Awe!!! Congratulations! For both of my children I washed their hair the first night I had them home. I got into a really nice routine where I would bring them upstairs into my bedroom. I would lay down a soft blanket and take a small bucket of warm water - and with a wash rag I would gently massage their hair. I would then rinse the rag out with clean warm water and then massage the soap out of the hair. After I was finished, I would wash their bodies (covering the exposed parts so that they would not get too cold). When they were gently patted dry I would put on some Johnson %26amp; Johnson's Lavendar Nightime Lotion. They smelled so sweet!!! It was a wonderful way to get them ready to settle down for the night :)





I miss those days - enjoy them!!!How soon can i wash my newborns hair with shampoo?
I've never heard that. I used baby shampoo on my daughter the day we came home from the hospital. I'm pretty sure they used it at the hospital too.
I've never heard that. We've washed my son's head from the beginning. We just make sure to rinse it very well since it can dry out the skin. We just put some on a washcloth and rubbed it on his head and then used a clean washcloth to wipe it off well.
my my son just turn 1 month the 15th and i washed his hair its okay to wash your baby's hair now .
yes of course - use a no tears baby shampoo
try those johnson and johnson foamy wipes, they are tear free and easy to use. but just use a dot if it is regular shampoo.


good luck
When you give her a bath add very little baby wash to water %26amp; use washcloth to wash her head. I have a 2 month old baby girl %26amp; that's what I do. Also did it w/my 2 other children :)
I have never heard of that. Use baby wash.
I gave all 4 of my children baths the day they came home from the hospital! You CANNOT wait two months to wash her hair! Just make sure the water is the right temp ~ feel it with your elbow to check. And make sure you use only baby shampoo.





I don't know where you heard that silly advice...
I washed my babies right away. I use gerber shampoo. I also put lotion on her head after. But before put lotion on brush her scalp with a soft-bristle brush to remove the dead skin cells. It helps prevent cradle cap.
I am an RN and have worked newborn nursery and pediatrics. We have always washed babies' hair. Just use one of the baby shampoos or baby cleansing liquids. Rinse well. Dry her head well afterward.





By the way do not worry about the soft spot. It is much thicker than most people realize. There is no more danger of hurting her there than rubbing her tummy.
they do it at the hospital when its born so i say go ahead i did. get hypoalergic and tear free kind its at dollar tree or kmart if you want it cheap
As I was pushing my son out during delivery the nurses were shampooing my sons hair (don't ask me why bc I don't know..lol) but they did it even before the rest of his body came out. So, whoever told you that crap about how you're not supposed to wash their hair until they're 2mos did not know what they were talking about. Also, I'd imagine her hair probably stinks really bad right now. Go ahead and wash it, just make sure you use tear free baby shampoo. I've been washing my sons hair since he came home from the hospital, but only maybe 2-3x a week bc I don't want his scalp to dry out.
  • education loans
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment